AM Horizons Training Group | Free Dumb –| Online International Business Empowerment | Cultural Diversity Education
The new spot...
7 REASONS WHY MANY DIVERSITY WORKSHOPS FAIL
By Lee Mun Wah
1. Diversity workshops often don't teach relationship or conflict mediation skills, just awareness and the review of existing anti-discrimination laws.
2. Folks don't speak up because they're afraid of repercussions, being seen as ignorant or being labeled.
3. After the workshop, managers often don't know how to begin a conversation on diversity issues in their departments.
4. Unique situations occur after the workshop that were not covered by the facilitator and there is often no one to consult with.
5. Often, sponsors want to hear the truth, but not if it means that they or the agency might be a part of the problem.
6. Sponsors want a celebration of diversity, but often lack the skills or understanding to authentically discuss the impact of being a minority.
7. After the workshop, there are often no follow-up training sessions or noticeable changes.
Andre's purpose is to reconnect people to their Dignity and Honor in Being Human.
Tools for Member Organizations